Okay, SP9 – whoever you may be – here’s my survey. Enjoy!
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am in LOVE with Koigu, and soft wools. I’ve been dying to try bamboo and linen yarns. Besides the fuzzy/trendy yarns, there’s not really much I donÂt like – I love to experiment with new yarns!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Got a new case from my SP8 Pal Lisabe!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Been knitting for about 7-8 years. I first learned when I was a teenager – my mom’s attempt to connect at that age – but didn’t have much patience for it then. My now former Mother-in-Law reintroduced me about 7-8 years ago, and I’ve been a knitting fiend since then!! I still consider myself intermediate because some things still scare me!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope – keep meaning to do that. I’ll keep you updated if I find time to create one.
5. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath produlavender.) Lavendar
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I absolutely love Junior Mints and Skittles – YUM!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? With my schedule, knitting is pretty much all I find time for, although I have been meaning to finally catch up on my scrap-booking, before my son winds up graduating high-school before I finish his third year’s album! I don’t spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I’m a big jazz fan – Cassandra Wilson is my favorite of all, but I really love anything jazz with a saxophone in it! My computer can handle music, and I’m upgrading my cell phone to one that’s an MP3 player, cause I really want an I-Pod.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? My favorite is red, followed closely by green. The only color I pretty much dislike seems to be yellow.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? My son and I are living with my parents until this school year is over, then we are off to our own place nearby. We have one family cat, and Zac (my son) just got a fish (Japanese Fighting fish named “Fred”)that we keep in our shared room.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats, and ponchos, donÂt really like mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters that knit up quickly and look great – member of the SKC also – and I love hats and scarves for the quit-knit factor! And socks are great for traveling/take-along knitting!
13. What are you knitting right now? Um, let’s see – Sizzle for the current SKC knit-along, just finished socks for Yarnmonkey’s “SockWars”, also have on the needles a lacy shrug for my mother’s Christmas present, and finishing up a cardigan in alpaca to wear in my freezing cold classroom.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer circular needles, but I’m not really that picky – I’ll knit on bamboo and aluminum, and lately have been trying to stay away from sticky plastic!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I borrow my grandmother’s swift when I need to wind yarn into a ball – I’m pretty sure she’s gonna will it to me!
17. How old is your oldest UFO? About a year old I finally frogged my four-year old unfinished Pi Shawl!
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas because of the fun with my son at this age – he’s 4 Â½.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Turtles (particularly Diamond-backed Terrapins), since I’m a University of Maryland/Terps alumnus.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I really want a subscription to Interweave Knits because I really like the patterns I see there, and I’m dying to own the Yarn Harlot books! She cracks me up!
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? Taking a design class next month at Stitches East.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, I love knitting and wearing knitted socks I wear a U.S. size 9 ladies.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 05/06.